Unconventional view of Galiano Louisiana

I have been working down on the Bayou for a few days and getting along just fine. I have learned again to ask for my tea as "unsweet" and not my preferred "no sweet" but the tea is just right no matter the label.

Taking a short walk in the morning I came across this fence post and thought over the simpler symbolic possibilities for the region and the relationship of Bayou Lafourche that I knew when I was young to the Bayou and the Galiano of today. There are changes and this fence post demarks a line between the simple and the overly complex the vibrant and the Earthy rich base that is the land and the soil along the bayou's edge that grows fine okra and eggplant.

Nostalgic and longing for more of the memories of young days when everyone waved "Hi" while driving along the bayou, like almost everyone when riding in a boat casually lifting a relaxed hand to extend a greeting. Today the highway is very fast and if you don't watch it you'll end up T-boned and spoilt. I came across many fine folks and wish I had more time to listen to their stories and songs. I would simply hand out a bottle of water and they would jump to a story that was itching them all morning. I think that I prefer to spend my time talking over the possibilities with the old folks and working up a solution that might be overlooked while driving too fast.

FC

Comments

Unknown said…
Welll now...that conclusion of yours certainly seems familiar to me ....regarding more than even Galliano!

I just found your photography web page...by the way...really like it!

I was roaming around and thought what is that Fernando doing now?

Give me a call...so good to see you allowing those images that always called you no matter the medium to take you to another version...Ah...why you always were the best student I ever had..and most beloved friend!
Hugs...you know..who!
Unknown said…
Oh..more..my phone has been acting weird..if you can not get me..send me an email...ok?
Great
Fernando Cundin said…
My dearest PW,

What I haven't seen of you lately is somehow filled with lonely times off on the edge of the marsh watching for messengers from afar and interpreters still near. This vicarious dialog is without the needed push and challenge that any good Gadfly should attend to and therefore the quiet dawn edged away to full light without solemn notation and recognition.

Glad to hear from you.

FC

Popular Posts